Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Packing For Ironman

First of all, let's analyse the race:

(PS if I miss anything obvious, can you add it in the comments for me please :) I'm constantly updating during today)

Preswim:

Banana
SIS Energy gel
Water: will drink plenty of salty water whilst swimming, but maybe a bit now too

Swim:

Wetsuit
Goggles * 2
Swim cap - supplied by IMF
Bodyglide - only need on neck really
Tri-suit


T1:

Weak 500ml energy drink
Energy gel
Suncream
Spare contact lenses - in case I lose one and decide to put a new one in

Bike:

Bike!
Helmet
Bike Shoes
Black Nike Socks
Cycle computer
Pump
Behind saddle bag containing:
2 spare tubes
Packet of self adhesive patches - last resort
tyre levers
Fingerless cycling gloves - cheap ones, if they annoy me, chuck them.
Sun Glasses * 2 - prescription ones in case I lose a contact lens in the water
Bar bag containing:
4 Energy bars - 2 powerbar, 2 Go
4 Gels - 2 SIS, 2 powerbar
Small suncream to top up
2 750l bottles of mid strength energy drink


Special Needs
2 more energy drink bottles. - chuck the first 2 away :(


T2:
Another SIS gel


Run:

Training Shoes
White running socks - dry socks for run
White hat
T-shirt - in case my shoulders are burning and I want to cover up.
Shorts - in case I want a complete change out of tri-suit
2 gels - that's all my pockets can take

now, what else do I need to pack.


BTA License
Passport
Flight + Hotel ticket vouchers
phone
phone charger
PSP
PSP Charger
Soap bag with usual stuff
T-shirts/Shorts/sandles/
wear long sleeve shirt with pocket + chino type trousers
Oil for bike
Wallet/keys/money

4 comments:

JD said...

You might want the follwoing:

Bike Special Needs:
+ Additional Bars & Gels?

There is also Run special needs:
+ Perhaps more Gels (Sis) - theer will be plenty of PowerBar available at aid stations.

Robert said...

OK, I guess I can't have too many gels. And I think I'll stick a banana in my bike special needs. If 1500 competitors all try to buy bananas I have a feeling Nice might run out :-)

DJ Adams said...

ipod?

BTW - Good Luck!

Robert said...

more bars + gels - check!
iPod - check!

...new Polar s625X - check!