Thursday, July 09, 2015

H10/2 9th July 2015

Feeling very tired after a hard week in the office (new job) I only prsuaded myself to do this when I saw the weather forecast. 20 degrees C and 5mph westerly wind. almost perfect.

The new routing is to cycle to the lake, look after Lyra while Anna swims, and then cycle over to the start. I did this and got number 37 this week.

There were several horses and traps around the start which made me need to take a wide path around them just before the first roundabout, but other than that the ride was uneventful. I passed number 34 quite quickly, but I knew number 37 was fast. I felt quite strong and could see from my 38.4km/h average speed at the turnaround that I was doing better than any time this season - the slight headwind hadn't affected me much.

I maintained a good speed, though not spectacular. when 37 did go past me I let him get out of the drafting zone as per rules and then pushed on after him, watching to see if I could learn anything. His cadence wasn't fast, similar to mine and maybe slower, but he was getting away from me. I think this means he just had more power.

Fairly happy with my fastest time of the season, though it's still slower than many of my rides last year. I'm slightly ahead though as I did fewer TTs last year, so still time to catch up.

Result 24.26 - 18th out of 37 riders.

Links MaidenheadCC

No comments: