Saturday, August 22, 2015

Parkrun #1 Portrush

22.08.2015

I've heard of Parkrun for some time, but have never actually tried it. I even registered about two years ago.

But Carol and Jon have done it, and we are all in Northern Ireland together, so Portrush Parkrun seemed a good place to start. It's quite an iconic location, running along a beach on the sand. Gina dna my Mum looked after Lyra as Anna also decided to run.

I was not terribly fit for running, but hoped to get a reasonable time. I started a bit fast, but flagged in the second kilometer. Jon was up ahead and I saw him coming back after the turnaround at the end of the beach by the Whiterocks. When I turned I tried to get my pace back, and I saw Carol and Anna. I really went for it at the end.

I crossed the line and then two people sprinted past me and picked up my token. I'm still a bit peeved at losing two places unfairly for that as we were all given the same time - 21:33.

I liked the event - I'd like to do it some more and get faster - maybe even beat 20 minutes as I used to be able to do that, but have no proof!

Links
Strava Link
Parkrun Link

No comments: