Saturday, August 11, 2018

Parkrun #11 - Maidenhead

11.08.2018

Up early on a Saturday morning and a bit of a rush to get everyone ready for the drive over to Maidenhead for our first family Parkrun.

It was a bright and sunny day, maybe even too warm even at 9am.

We met a group of other buggy runners, and the organizer of the Buggy group.

I wasn't going to try to be in the front at the start, but this was probably a mistake. Due to some earth works, there is only a narrow passage now to get through to the main path, and I got stuck for a while with no way to overtake. Not pushing the buggy into people's ankles is difficult, and I had to walk at times. Anna and I ran together for a bit, but then I saw a gap and pushed Lya into it and lost her.

After my slow start things got better, though it was still quite variable where I needed to overtake, or where I ran up the small steep hill - pushing was hard and a little slippery there.

Happy to finish my first buggy Parkrun - the time 26:01 (79th out of 279) doesn't really matter much. Anna beat 30 minutes again with 29:48.

Links
Strava - Link
Parkrun - Link
Photos on Facebook group

No comments: