Monday, November 28, 2005

Run

Went to Crystal Palace on a cold November morning for a 10am start in the Nike 5K race.

My time is a respectable 22:08. I've only been running once in the last two weeks, and been so busy at work that other exercise has been scarce too.

There were a couple of hills that I wasn't expecting, but not as many people running as expected so the crowds didn't slow me down in the same way as the Hyde Park 10K

Annoyingly, as I was putting in my contact lenses, I dropped one. So I had to run half blind. Nearly twisted my ankle on one rough bit of path - reduced depth perception.

Listened to my MP3 player to see if it helped - but it didn't really. Left ear kept falling out and cord flapped around annoyingly. But maybe these distractions kept me from realising quite how knackered I was :-)

No comments: