Monday, January 15, 2007

Week 2 Summary 2007

Another week, another summary.

Monday 8th - Brompton 9 miles bike commute : Rest

Tuesday 9th - Brompton 9 miles bike commute : 1000M swimming at Broadgate

Wednesday 10th - Brompton 9 miles bike commute : Ascot loop 2 anticockwise. Dark, but not too cold and not raining for a change. Need to find a longer evening route, but it's really hard as there aren't many footpaths around the side roads. 36:41 minutes. 8Km and 4:34 min/km according to NikePlus

Thursday 11th - Brompton 9 miles bike commute : Rest when I should really have been on the Turbo.

Friday 12th - Brompton 9 miles bike commute : 1000M swimming at Broadgate

Saturday 13th - Running at Ascot racetrack three laps in drizzle. 1:06:54 hours. 14.51K and 4:36 min/km according to NikePlus

Sunday 14th - Various roads cycling up to Henley and back. clear sunny winter weather - not cold. Some big hills - need more of these. 2hours 15 mins, 27.25 km/h avg, 61.31km.

Not a bad week. Saturday was my longest run ever. No joke, I didn't even do runs like this at school as far as I can remember. Aiming for a 90 minute run every weekend.

No injuries though sharp left knee pain occasionally and tightness in my left achilles today following the Sunday ride. Also my usual sore back twinges. Swimming needs to be longer, though getting the time from work is tricky. I know I can do more and am not particularly tired after my sessions now.

Bought new swimming trunks and goggles on Sunday at SBR. Met a guy I have cycled with there, and he was recently returned from doing an Ironman in Australia in December.

No comments: