Saturday, August 28, 2021

Parkrun #16 - Maidenhead

Parkrun #16 - Maidenhead

Hot on the heels of Portrush, only two weeks later I'm back at Parkrun.

This time it's my 10th time at Maidenhead. I needed to do a swim at Bray Lake, so made sure I finished in time to pop next door for this. I didn't feel much like it after swimming 1km, but it was good to see if my 'warm'-up would be successful.

I was aiming for a steady run, starting without a customary sprint, and just see how I feel. I didn't want to pressure myself into pushing hard, as I want to try to enjoy the runs more.

My pace in the beginning was good. I had run the previous day, but I felt ok.

The field quickly spread out, and I found myself behind three people pushing buggies. They were fast enough, and in fact overtaking and pulling away from me.

The ground was firm and dry, an unusual thing for me in Maidenhead. I like it.

I didn't wear my hat, and just shorts and t-shirt, and was glad as I started to heat up.

After the first lap, I noticed my HR was now higher than usual, over 160, and going up. I maintained a good pace, and steadily overtook runners one my one. I even passed the buggies, one in the final two-way section as he was jammed in by a slow runner we had lapped.

Happy to finish, and a little surprised I beat my Portrush time.

Time 21:51.  25th out of 334 finishers.

Links

Parkrun

Strava

No comments: