Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Row/Run

Went to LA Fitness for a treadmill session.

I finally found my HR monitor which has been missing for a while, and used that. (it was in the pocket of my winter cycling jacket)

After a 5 minute rowing warmup (58kcal), started running and gradually speeded up from 10km/h to 13km/h.

Stupidly lost my HR history so can't put it here.

Ran for 21 minutes, and playing with Excel, make it approximately 4km in total.

It's really hard to go fast on the treadmill. My HR only went up to 154bpm at 13km/h which felt very fast, whereas on the road I find it difficult to stay below 160bpm so I must be running faster there. Maybe the treadmill is just reporting the speed/distance incorrectly. I should do a trial running the same distance each at the same HR and seeing if the times are the same.

No comments: