Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Bike

I was in a real quandary this evening, whether to swim/bike or run.

Left work promptly at 5pm to be home for 6.30pm. Wednesday is late adults only evening in the Windsor pool, so that was tempting. The weather was too good to be indoors though. Wednesday is normally my midweek long run day, but that's usually in the park with Carol and Jon, and the thought of pounding the tarmac alone didn't appeal.

I've sent off my entry form for the Tour of The Hills 110km bike ride in 11 days, so with that in mind I decided to get some more miles in on the bike.

I did my usual cycle3 route, and once more tried to make good time at the beginning. This worked, and I also sprinted along past Dorney at 37km/h which I wasreally pleased with. Eventual time was

Time 1:22:??
Average 30.89km/h
Distance 42:??

which I think is another new record.

Only one sour incident - some idiot decided it would be fun to pour water at me from a moving car. RF52 YCB, blue hatchback, probably a Clio, you're a tosspot.

No comments: