Thursday, September 02, 2010

MDCC 10TT 02/09/10


Result here

After having had almost two weeks away from cycling due to holiday, and very little running too, I wasn't sure how my legs would hold out tonight.

It was a new time and course - 6.30pm (though as number 40 I went off at 7:10pm). HCC234 course has two laps with three shallow hills each - including two bridges over the M4.

Tonight was the Medium Gear 10 Mile Championship. I didn't have my Langster bike, but was able to measure out the correct gear on my Planet X and decided to give it a try. I didn't fancy chasing a PB tonight.

Beautiful evening with the sun setting and I felt quite good initially, getting a reasonable speed up - then realised I'd been going downhill and it got harder :) Nevertheless I maintained a fairly consistent cadence throughout the two laps and came in in a fairly creditable 27:53. This is only 90 seconds under my PB.

I even overtook number 39 on the first lap - though it was his first ever TT!

Checking the official results now I see I was quite far down the field, there were a number of MTB riders who I'm not counting. Still - 5th out of eight MG (medium gear) riders so all is not lost.

No comments: