Thursday, September 09, 2010

MDCC 10TT 9/10/10


Another Thursday evening, another time trial. This is the final one of the season as sunset is getting too early. It was a marvelous warm and sunny evening.

My excuse for my rather less than marvelous performance is a recent ramp up in my run training. My calf injury is in remission, so I did one hour Tuesday, one hour with Evolution club including three Legoland hill repeats on Wednesday, and a 6k lunchtime run today.

A good turnout from Evolution tonight - Anna, Andy and Sarah all competing, and Amanda supporting.

I went off a reasonable No 17 at 6:32pm, and within 3 minutes realised my legs were just not going to perform. Number 18 passed me half way round powering up an incline still in the saddle when I was getting up to push.

I gave it my best shot but even on the downhills I didn't have the strength to push my average speed up over 36km/h.

Finished with an approximate average speed of 35.5km/h - 27:04 - my slowest TT so far.

Results here.

Finished off the season with a pleasant pint and a bowl of chips (food of champions!) at the local pub The Beehive in White Waltham.

No comments: