Saturday, February 25, 2006

Run

I've decided that long runs are now necessary. I want to work up having a run of around 2 hours every weekend, probably Saturdays. There are many reasons for this, according to a book I bought today coincidentally (The Runner's World Complete Book of Running, exclusive to WH Smiths apparently), but the main one is to build stamina for ironman distances. I'm also hopeful that the 5K and 10K races I do will seem easier if I'm used to running much further.

So today I did a new route. It's like the reservoir run, but the circle is extended up to Poyle. Rough measurements say it is 6.5 miles. Took my MP3 player, and ran slowly, watching my heartrate.

Distance - 6.5 miles
Time - 55:49 minutes
Average HR - 151 bpm
Kcal - 667

Enjoyed it actually, though had to keep crossing the road quite a lot to make sure I was on the pavement and not in the road.

No comments: