Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Swim

Monday (yesterday) is turning into my unofficial rest day now.

Today I went swimming, with no real plan, and as I started and found myself in a good position in LA Fitness next to the wall, I decided to see how long I could keep going.

I alternated 10 lengths (15M each) of crawl and breast stroke. Instead of stopping for a breather between the sets, I just kept going. The 2nd set of crawl, and the 3rd set, were quite challenging, but suddenly I found I was up to 60 lengths and tried another 10 of crawl. Surprisingly, they were the easiest yet of the session, and I completed them easily. Time to go back to work so I stopped. I wonder why my swimming was better at the end, when it should have been worse.

I think the 1050M total was completed in around 25 minutes. Very pleased with this performance, I don't think I've ever swum this far before.

No comments: