Sunday, October 15, 2006

Event - Princes Trust 10K

Another Sunday, another 10K; this is becoming a bit of a habit.

Went to Windsor with the family this morning for a run through Windsor Great Park and bits of Legoland. The children also ran in a 4K and did very well, finishing together.

My 10K was through a lot of woods, and I wasn't really expecting the rough terrain. I started off quite well, but the rough, muddy paths played havoc with my left ankle so I had to be really careful. It's hard to concentrate on the horizon to try and forget how tired you are when you have to watch your feet all the time.

Unlike last week's quite level course, there were many small hills on this one. I'm just not used to running on hills, something I hadn't really realised. The final 500M are all uphill, quite steep near the end. I let a few people overtake me just before this last bit, and managed to retake my position with a sprint which was good - it hurt though.

Top 50 placing! - 49th with an official time of 44:37. (860 finishers)

No comments: