Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Bike

Following last night's trip over from Datchet, this morning I left the Ascot house at 6.30am and cycled back. 16.6km or so, again around 31 minutes.

It was a beautiful sunny morning, and there were a couple of other mad cyclists on the road. I think I'll do this again.

I was really going well, average speed up to 32km/h due to a great run through Windsor Great Park, but as I left Old Windsor I noticed my rear tire was starting to go deflate. I leaned forward, still pedalling fast, but being very careful not to hit any bumps, and managed the last 2km before going completely flat.

That's the second puncture in a month, where previously I'd had hardly any - I think I may get new typre for Sunday's Windsor Tri.

1 comment:

Robert said...

Hi,

Thanks for the tip!

As you can see from other posts, I did finish.

Had a look and see you did 2:29:33 - well done!