Thursday, June 29, 2006

Goals: Part 2

So I've decided I need some goals. Short term goals are fine, but I need som medium and longer term goals to really get this thing going. I need to work out what I really want from this sport - what would make me happy, after all, isn't that what doing this exercise is for in the first place.

Having done two triathlons now, what I most enjoyed about them was being out there on the bike racing loads of people, and passing a lot of them. Once was a closed road, almost like a racetrack. The other did have traffic, but it was early on a Sunday morning, and the police were on hand waving us through junctions. Both days were bright and sunny.

I just wanted to finish those races, to say I'd done it, but the good weather definitely enhanced the experience a lot.

So I think I'd like to do more races in nice weather, preferrably on roads with little or zero traffic. I think I'll have a better chance of this if I do them abroad, in a warm country. This will obviously cost me more in time and money, but maybe I can make mini holidays out of it.

I thought I'd found a good one here - Seattle Escape From the Rock. The cycle over that bridge looks awesome. But it's not a dry place - some of the photos on the Brightroom website for this event from previous years look a little grim.

The search is on though.

No comments: