Sunday, March 26, 2006

Run

Nike RunLondon Results

[click image to see times]

Nike Runlondon timed 5K event in Gunnersbury Park today.

Not as cold as Crystal Palace or Regent's Park were.

Started off fast near the front of the field at 10am, and tried to keep going. It was very hard to keep up the pace, but I managed it and came in with another PB at 21:05 - 35s faster than January. Quite a flat course, but a very uneven surface.

Couldn't find my HR monitor strap, but used my Polar watch to try and keep time anyway. This completely failed - the watch went bonkers at 11 minutes or so and switched to a completely different time. I couldn't trust it after that at all.

My first kilometer was ~4:15 - if I want to reduce my time to 20 minutes, I need to do 4 minute kilometers. This is going to be really hard as I feel I'm almost going as fast as I can already.

No comments: